New Mayo Authors Database now available
The new Mayo Authors Database has now officially replaced the version formerly accessed through Ovid. Look for the new Mayo Authors icon (shown above) on the Library homepage. In addition to all of the great features previously available, the new Mayo Authors Database has an application to display publication statistics by year and type of publication for authors and departments. A digitization project for historical articles now links to full text of many classic articles. Easy, one-click Mayo Authors’ bibliographies can be generated and downloaded into EndNote. Please note: Mayo Authors and all links below are only available to Mayo Clinic employees and students.
For example, here are some things you can do:
- Keep track of your bibliography (or any other Mayo author’s bibliography from 1871 on), such as Dr. Will Mayo’s
- Find out how many articles Mayo Clinic has published on a given topic, such as vitamin K
- View statistics about publication dates and type for any search
- Sort the alphabetical list of Mayo Authors by number of publications
- Explore the history of Mayo Clinic through historical article reprints–many from prior to 1923 are newly available online in full text
If you’d like more in depth information on the search features in the new Mayo Authors database, the Libraries have prepared more brief online video tutorials demonstrating the major features as well as help documentation. You may access Mayo Authors directly at http://mayoauthors.
Entry filed under: News Bytes.