Mayo Clinic Librarians at MLA 2012
The 2012 Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association, held this year in Seattle, Washington, highlighted the scholarship, innovation, and professional contributions of the Mayo Clinic Libraries staff.
Kay Wellik, AHIP, was named a Fellow of the Medical Library Association for her many achievements and contributions to the Association. Kay has served as a member of the MLA Board of Directors; a member of the Credentialing Committee, Continuing Education Committee, and the Grants and Scholarship Committee; a two-time member of the Nominating Committee; chaired the Hospital Libraries Section; won the Beatty Volunteer Service Award; written an MLA DocKit; and has contributed to the profession through her Chapter, serving on editorial boards, and much more. Congratulations to Kay!
Mayo Clinic’s librarians served on a number of committees, task forces, and juries this year.
- Carol Ann Attwood – Treasurer, Consumer and Patient Health Information Section; Member, Books Panel Committee
- Dottie Hawthorne – Member, MLA Scholarship Jury
- J. Michael Homan – Chair, MLA 2013 National Programming Committee; Member, Task Force on Emerging MLA Leaders; Chair, Librarians Without Borders® Advisory Committee; Chair, MLA Fellows Group
- Melissa Rethlefsen – Webmaster, Section Council; Section Council Liaison, Technology Advisory Committee
- Kay Wellik – Member, Credentialing Committee
Mayo Clinic Libraries staff authored or co-authored three posters and two papers at this year’s meeting.
- Cracker jack instruction: creating, implementing and managing a no-budget online continuing education course. Knapp M, Blanck J, Blevins A, Gaines JK, Loftus W, Rethlefsen M, Rosenberger L, Shurtz S.
- Out of the Library and into the Mall. Mayer SH, Huber CA, Carroll RF
- Collaboration, Collegiality, Cooperation: Consumer Health Library Services and the American Cancer Society Navigator Role. Attwood CA, Wellik KE.
- The Core Public Health Journal Project: a game change in the 3rd inning. Ascher MT, Madhaven A, Rethlefsen ML, Revere D, Wilcox M.
- Playing the field: using CampusGuides statistics and Google Analytics to assess an intranet site redesign. Rethlefsen ML, Farrell AM.
Melissa L. Rethlefsen, MLS, AHIP
Learning Resource Center
Images by Melissa L. Rethlefsen and Ann M. Farrell
Entry filed under: Staff News.