Look and Feel of PAWS (Patient Access Workstations) Changing!
Patient Access Workstations (PAWS) allow patients and family members to have access to Mayo Clinic specific resources as well as access to the Internet to check email, print boarding passes, and the like. Located in the Patient Education Centers at both Mayo Clinic Rochester and Mayo Clinic in Arizona, Cancer Education Center in the Gonda Building , as well as remote locations throughout the Mayo Clinic Health System, the computers allow access to review various aspects of Mayo Clinic in one location.
Highlights of the PAWS workstations include the following:
- Access to the Patient Online Services (24/7 user/password protected access to clinical notes, laboratory results, medications, allergies, appointment schedules, billing and insurance and links to send messages to health care team members)
- Caring Bridges® – blog for patients to keep in contact with family members regarding their health care conditions
- Links to reliable, authoritative, and up-to-date consumer health websites including MayoClinic.com, MedlinePlus, etc.
- Travel information to reach Mayo Clinic facilities, lodging maps and directions
- MayoClinic.org link to services, departments and physician information
- Mayo Clinic publications
- Clinical trials currently being undertaken at Mayo Clinic
- Wireless access tips for patients and family members
- Links to Mayo Clinic social media resources including Twitter®, Facebook® and YouTube®
Here is a look at the new PAWS workstations homepage.
At Mayo Clinic in Arizona, an additional webpage has numerous other consumer health links to topics such as cancer resources, drugs and supplements, genetics and health, medical terminology, military and veterans support groups, to name a few.
Please encourage patients and family members to use these resources at your location!
Mayo Clinic in Rochester – Patient Education Center
Mayo Clinic in Arizona – Patient Education Center/Library – Mayo Clinic Building, CP14D
Mayo Clinic in Arizona – Mayo Clinic Specialty Building, 3rd Floor Waiting Area
Carol Ann Attwood
Mayo Clinic Arizona
Entry filed under: Feature Articles.