Endowment Fund: Children’s Resources for the Patients’ Libraries
Summer is here and the children’s resources purchased from income from the Library’s Laurence M. and Hazel M. McColl Endowment Fund have arrived just in time. The McColl Endowment fund helped to purchase many wonderful resources for children at the Patients’ Libraries at both the Methodist and Saint Marys campuses in Rochester.
Some of the new resources include
- the delightful Diary of a Wimpy Kid series
- the informative Eyewitness series which includes children’s favorite topics: dinosaurs, robots, cars, soldiers, reptiles and horses.
- the National Geographic Kids series about animals which includes favorites: dolphins, sharks, snakes, dogs and insects.
- the very popular Guinness World Records and Ripley’s Believe It Or Not books.
- books on issues facing patient’s children: Where Did My Mommy’s Superpowers Go, When Molly was in the Hospital or issues facing pediatric patients: What to Do When You Worry Too Much.
- two Xbox 360 stations which include a TV, gaming system and games for all ages.
- board games including classics such as Clue, Monopoly, Sorry as well as new games like Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader and Would You Rather…